Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Injectors and electrical connectors

I have been working on getting the injectors ready by replacing the seals, the fuel injector baskets, and the fuel injector pintles (little plastic hats in the injector). I also tested them all and made sure that the resistance is about 14-15 ohms. They all tested within +/- .05 ohms... Not bad.
The fuel injector harnesses were built using fuel injector pigtails, and in parallel, and will use the 2 banks that Megasquirt can controll and alternate them. I also tested all the connectors as I do not want any surprises when I try to start it. I have also started the connectors for the clt, the iat, and the negative post of the coil. I will also wire the O2 sensor cable, and wrap it up for future installation after I have installed the shorty mustang headers (future project).
Tomorrow I expect to finish the basic cabling, and will start wrapping it up so that it looks nice and neat. The fuel Injectors are in the car, and I am waiting on the 14mm drill bits to make the final cuts in the fuel rails. Once that is done, I can assemble all the fuel injector components, including the FPR, and tie down the fuel injector harness and the sensor cables so that they are not all over the engine compartment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any more progress? Pictures?