Tuesday, February 2, 2010

450SLC cleaning

After sort of abandoning the SLC in favor of the W124, today I took the cover off, and proceeded to clean it out. I took out everything that I had removed and some other parts. I took out the interior carpets (still amazed at how intact they look), vacuumed, and in the process got 28 cents richer!... :-) Took out all the stuff from the trunk, and vacuumed all the little pieces out. Then I connected the third brake light (some PO had it installed in the deck lid, and it is not a bad idea as it is an original w107 part), so now all 3 brake lights work. Tomorrow, some more cleaning, and start on the brakes. I have new front rotors, calipers, and pads, new rear pads, new pump.... I want to stop this beast. Once that is done, to the exhaust shop for a new exhaust system, and O2 bong welded in, to fine tune the mega squirt. Coming along.. :-)
The other thing I need to check, as the floor on the driver's side was a bit damp is those damn sunroof drains, same as in the w124. Small things, but hopefully it will be on the road for the summer!!!!

No comments: